St Bartholomew’s Hope Street Cemetery
Hope Street cemetery was opened on part of the Glebe Land in 1888 after the cemetery at St Bartholomew’s was closed; no new graves could be opened there and further burials were restricted. The matter was raised in Parliament.
Inscriptions are linked to the relevant grave image. Checking the burial register may show other individuals buried in a grave that do not appear on the gravestone.